The mission of Mercer University Health Sciences Center is to improve the health and quality of life in local, regional, national, and global communities through excellence in education, research, patient care, practice, and service.
To achieve this mission, the Health Sciences Center embraces the following goals:
- Prepare students in the health sciences for successful careers in health care, research, and teaching.
- Teach, practice, and encourage the effective delivery of health care.
- Advance the discovery of knowledge through basic, applied, and translational research.
- Provide opportunities for collaborative initiatives in health care education and research.
- Align strategically with health systems for clinical education for all Mercer University Health Sciences Center programs.
- Support diversity which advocates mutual respect for all members of the Health Sciences Center
The Mercer University Health Sciences Center will be recognized nationally for its leadership and innovation in health sciences education, research scholarship, clinical care, practice, and service.
The Mercer University Health Sciences Center bases its educational programs and position in the health care community upon certain core values. The core values of Mercer University Health Sciences Center are:
Excellence – Perform beyond expectations and constantly pursue improvements
Scholarship – Discovery and dissemination of knowledge
Integrity – Steadfast adherence to high ethical principles
Social Responsibility – Contribute to society at large
Compassion – Demonstrate concern for others
Collaboration – Work effectively with others
Service – Offering our abilities and talents for the improvement of communities
Professionalism – Perform duties to the highest standards